hear static or an echo while talking on the phone
If you are hearing
a static or an echo while talking on the phone, check to ensure
that there isn't a problem with your telephone equipment. An echo
causes callers to hear the sound of their own voice. Try the following
steps to clear the problems:
1. Unplug the phone from the wall jack.
2. Plug in a working phone into the jack.
3. Check to see if you still hear static.
1. Unplug the phone from the AC electric outlet and the jack.
2. Check to see if you still hear static on other phones.
3. If the problem goes away, repair or replace the phone you just
If you are unable
to clear the trouble, call our repair service at 374-1238 (Delmar
customers dial local 574-1238).
Did the troubleshooting
self-tests help clear your problem?
facilities used to deliver your service from the central telephone
office to the protector installed at your home or business are maintained
by F&B at no cost to you. Problems or troubles that are determined
not to be the fault of F&B Communications will be billed accordingly.
Customers who subscribe to LineGuard maintenance plans will not be charged for repairs made by F&B
technicians in accordance with the LineGuard terms and conditions.
All other customers who contact F&B for repair will be assessed
a labor charge of $40, billed in one-hour increments. A $15 trip
charge applies to all calls. Materials are extra.